The draft regulation aims at strengthening the labelling and certification norms for organic food products so that the full and accurate information on the organic status of the product is conveyed to buyers. “Such product shall carry a certification/quality assurance mark of one of the systems” that certify organic food, mentioned the draft.
“Any seller of organic food either exclusively or as part of their retail merchandise shall display such food in a manner distinguishable from the conventional food so that the consumers are not misled,” the draft regulations stated.
The regulator has also warned the organic food producing companies that any breach will attract heavy penalty.
Disclaimer: The contents herein is specifically prepared by ‘Dalal Street Investment Journal’, and is for your information & personal consumption only. India Infoline Limited or Dalal Street Investment Journal do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of information contained herein and shall not be held responsible.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.