Q1 FY22 VS Q4 FY21
- Revenue grown on sequential basis, Revenue for Quarter stood at Rs854cr as compared to Rs821cr in the Q4 FY21 (4% growth) and Rs440cr in the same quarter last year (94% growth).
- Robust EBIDTA Margins of 22.1%, EBITDA for the Quarter stood at Rs189cr as compared to Rs195cr in the Q4 FY21 and Rs 84cr in same quarter last year
- Net Profit margins at 12%, Net Profit for the quarter stood at Rs101cr as against Rs104cr in the Q4 FY21 and Rs17cr in same quarter last fiscal.
Business Segments (Q1FY22 VS Q4FY21)
- Inorganics Chemicals division’s revenue is Rs527cr in Q1 FY22 as compared to Rs531cr in the Q4 FY21 and Rs346cr in corresponding quarter in FY21.
- Home Textiles business revenue is at Rs327cr in Q1FY22 as compared to Rs290cr in the Q4 FY21 and Rs94cr in corresponding quarter in FY21.
I am glad that our teams have positively responded to this crisis and ensured business continuity. I would like to extend my gratitude to our entire workforce for their relentless contribution and would like to assure them that the Company will do what is required to protect and support them.
Our Inorganic chemicals business demonstrated healthy volume growth with positive realizations supported by consistent demand in the key end user categories. We believe this positive trend will continue going forward as demand has been stabilizing and we are also looking to expand our portfolio to add some products to leverage our scale and expertise.
I am pleased to share that we have received consent from secured creditors for the demerger of textiles, and we will now be approaching the honorable NCLT for their approval. In the textile business, we witnessed initial temporary disruption due to the second wave of COVID, however this has now been normalized and we are operating at peak utilisation levels in both spinning and home textiles based on strong demand scenario and have achieved record profits during the quarter.
Overall, our endeavor is to further amplify our leadership position across key product categories to bolster the performance momentum and create enhanced value for our stakeholders.”
At around 3:25 PM, GHCL was trading at Rs392 apiece up by Rs32.6 or 9.07% on Sensex.