The government has rightly acknowledged the need for investment in agro-technology. Rs 100 crore for research and development in agriculture is a positive step that we hope will pave way for taking our agricultural sector to a new paradigm. A bulk of our population is engaged k-in agriculture but the modern technological advancements have not reached many of our farmers. We hope over the next few years, the reach of agriculture technology increases.
We hope this also includes focus in improving irrigation facilities to reduce our dependence on rainfall.
The most positive step is Rs. 5000 crores to address the need for scientific warehousing, to allow better storage of foodgrain. Lack of storage capabilities is the most glaring lacunae persisting in our agriculture sector. On many occasions, food rots in open storage centres, even as the prices are rising and millions are going hungry. A large amount of foodgrain and can be saved if storage facilities are worthwhile.
Rajesh aggarwal, MD, Insecticides India Ltd
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.