On Tuesday, the market however staged a smart late recovery led by auto, select infra and PSU banking stocks. The BSE Sensex rallied to a high of 26,731 - up 351 points from the day's low. The Sensex finally ended 100 points higher at 26,687.
The NSE Nifty too managed to regain the coveted 8,000-mark and settle with a gain of 33 points higher at 8,047.
The India VIX (Volatility) index declined by 2 percent to 17.1675.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.