In 2016-17 marketing year, the sugar production had fallen below consumption which resulted in a surge in sugar prices, eventually compelling the government to direct mills to maintain demand-supply balance and chop the prices.
Meanwhile, Sugar majors including Dwarikesh Sugar Industries was trading down by 1.95% at Rs 65.45, EID Parry was down 1.10% at Rs 304.90, Triveni Engineering and Industries was down 1.96% at Rs 92.45, Dhampur Sugar Mills was down by 1.70% at Rs 243, Uttam Sugar Mills was down by 2.71% at Rs 187.
Disclaimer: The contents herein is specifically prepared by ‘Dalal Street Investment Journal’, and is for your information & personal consumption only. India Infoline Limited or Dalal Street Investment Journal do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of information contained herein and shall not be held responsible.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.