At 3:30 PM, the S&P BSE Sensex closed at 31,834, down by 90 points, while NSE Nifty closed at 9,984 down by 32 points.
Bharti Airtel, Infratel, TCS, HPCL and IOC are among the gainers, whereas YES Bank, India Bulls Housing Finance, SBI, Zee Entertainment, and Bajaj Finance are losing steam on NSE.
Housing finance stocks are under pressure with DHFL losing by 3%
SREI Infra signs MoU with CBL Corp to offer surety & guarantee products in India. News brings stock rise by 2.5%.
BSE Oil & Gas Index up over 1.5%. HPCL gains by 5%
Nifty PSU Bank Index down with Syndicate Bank losing steam by 2%
Some buying activity is seen in Energy, IT, Telecom, and Oil and Gas, while FMCG, basic materials, Auto, Banking, Realty and Power sectors dip on BSE.
The INDIA VIX is up by 1.59% at 11.29
Out of 1,972 stocks traded on the NSE, 663 advanced, 986 declined, and 323 remained unchanged today.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.