On Thursday, the BSE benchmark index, the Sensex, opened 70 points lower at 27,600, and dipped to a low of 27,636 in opening trades. The index, thereafter, rebounded into the positive zone and rallied to a high of 27,969 - a gain of 333 points - on the back of stock specific buying activity.The Sensex finally ended with a gain of 166 points at 27,896. HDFC, HDFC Bank and Larsen & Toubro collectively contributed 148 points of the day's gain.
The NSE Nifty moved in a range of 93 points - the index touched a low of 8,330, and then surged to a high of 8,423, before settling with a gain of 37 points at 8,398.
The India (VIX) Volatility index moved a wee bit higher to 15.93.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.