- Rural India
The commerce ministry announced the data on inflation based on the wholesale price index (WPI) for May 2014.
The May WPI inflation increased to 6.01% from 5.2% in April, while the March WPI is revised to 6%. The WPI for the month of May is highest since December. All the components of WPI has shown a rise. The WPI is the price of a representative basket of wholesale goods. The purpose of the WPI is to monitor price movements that reflect supply and demand in industry, manufacturing and construction.
The food inflation for the month of May stood at 9.5% as against 8.64% in April. The May fuel & power recorded doubled digit number at 10.53% compared to 8.9 in April.
May primary articles inflation was at 8.58% vs 7.1% in April and May manufactured products stood at 3.55% as against 3.2% in April. The manufacturing inflation was near one-year high.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.