At 1:31 PM, the BSE Sensex was trading at 35,282, down 105 points, while the Nifty50 index was trading at 10,716, down 25 points.
Tata Steel saw profit booking after opening higher in today’s trade. The company’s net profit stood at Rs3,263cr against an estimate of Rs2,300cr.
The power transmission & distribution business of L&T Construction has bagged EPC orders worth Rs2,440cr, which includes a major order under the Saubhagya scheme. The stock advanced 0.54%.
Divi's Labs stock gained 1% after USFDA completed inspection at its Unit 1 manufacturing facility in Telangana with zero observations under Form 483.
Suven Life Sciences stock slipped 2%. The company announced grant of two product patents from Australia and one product patent from Singapore corresponding to the New Chemical Entities (NCEs) for the treatment of disorders associated with Neurodegenerative diseases.
GAIL (+2.3%), Tata Motors (+1.8%), Infratel (+1.8%), Titan (+1.7%) were the top gainers on Nifty50.
Hindalco (-2.8%), BPCL (-2.5%), Tata Steel (-2%), UPL (-1.8%) and Cipla (-1.6%) were the top losers in today’s trade.
Out of 2,028 stocks traded on the NSE, 330 advanced, 1,253 declined and 445 remained unchanged today.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.