At 10:59 AM, the BSE Sensex was trading at 33,844, down 167 points, while the Nifty50 index was trading at 10,399, down 53 points.
In the broader market, the BSE Midcap and the BSE Smallcap indices slipped 0.68% and 0.57%, respectively.
PSU bank stocks continued to trade lower in the second week after Punjab National Bank disclosed a ~Rs11,600cr fraud eroding nearly Rs9,000cr in market cap in three sessions.
KPR Mill stock zoomed 6% ahead of board meeting to consider share buyback this week.
Bhushan Steel hit 20% upper circuit on Monday as investors cheered developments surrounding its takeover bid.
Volatility index India VIX dropped 2.85% at 16.8450.
Infratel (+1.7%), UltraTech (+1%), Ambuja (+0.80%), GAIL (+0.62%) and Vedanta (+0.41%) were the top gainers on Nifty50.
Tata Steel (-3.3%), Zee (-2.3%), Bajaj Fin (-1.7%), SBI (-1.4%) and Cipla (-1.3%) were the top losers in todayâ€™s trade.
Out of 2020 stocks traded on Nifty, 447 advanced, 1,133 declined and 440 remained unchanged.
A total of six stocks registered a fresh 52-week high in trade today, while 31 stocks touched a new 52-week low on the NSE.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.