Benchmark indices snapped from the six-session gaining streak on account of investors’ sentiment that was dampened with a slew of corporate results. This happened ahead of the busy earnings week.
Shares of General Electric slumped by 6.3% based on the effect of concern associated with company’s cut in the dividend. This would take place following the weaker-than-expected results of Q3.
Of the companies that suffered the downtrend, Industrial and Telecom companies lagged the most. Similarly, the shares in tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite were dragged down by Amazon, Alphabet, and Facebook.
Here are how the Indices performed in the trading session on Monday
- Dow Jones Industrial Average ended the trade at 23,273.96, dipping by 0.23%.
- S&P 500 last traded at 2,564.98, down by 0.4%
- Nasdaq Composite dropped to 6,586.82; slumped by 0.64%
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.