The Dow Jones Industrial Average added 33.22 points, or 0.17% to 19,154. The S&P500 index fell 2.62 points, or 0.12% to 2,202. The Nasdaq Composite lost 50.93 points, or 0.95% to 5,328. The recent strong GDP numbers and figures on consumer spending data and US private jobs are hinting at a rate hike by the US Fed in its December 13-14 policy review.
Oil prices dropped about 4% on signs that leading oil exporters were struggling to agree on a deal to cut production ahead of an OPEC meeting on Wednesday.
The S&P 500 posted 28 new 52-week highs and no new lows; the Nasdaq Composite recorded 177 new highs and 29 new lows.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.