- Results beat expectations. Revenues grew by ~23% yoy to Rs76.3bn, driven by healthy growth in cigarettes, Other-FMCG and agri segment
- Cigarette volumes increase by ~1.5% yoy; EBIT margins expand by 110bps to 32.8%. Losses in the Other-FMCG segment reduced to Rs240mn
- OPM declined by 80bps to 36.4%. A drop of 420bps in overhead cost mitigates high outsourcing cost impact. Net profit for the quarter surpassed our expectations by recording ~21% yoy growth at Rs20.5bn
- We expect ITC to witness a revenue/PAT CAGR of 16.2%/18.4% respectively over FY12-14. Maintain BUY with a 9-mth price target of Rs327
|(Rs m)||Q3 FY13||Q3 FY12||% yoy||Q2 FY13||% qoq|
|OPM (%)||36.4||37.1||(75) bps||34.7||167 bps|
|Effective tax rate (%)||(30.6)||(31.3)||-||(31.4)||-|
|PAT margin (%)||26.9||27.5||(55) bps||24.1||282 bps|
|Ann. EPS (Rs)||10.5||8.8||19.3||8.2||28.0|
Segment-wise net sales and EBIT break-up
|(Rs mn)||Revenues||yoy (%)||EBIT||yoy (%)|
|FMCG - Others||17,827||30.1||(240)||(48.6)|
|Paper & Packaging||10,616||8.5||2,286||1.9|
Cigarette and FMCG - Others segment fuel revenue growth
ITC reported 23% yoy jump in revenues at Rs76.3bn (above our expectations of Rs73bn) during Q3 FY13 driven by 13% yoy growth in core cigarettes segment. Cigarette volumes recorded ~1.5% yoy increase partly aided by the successful launch of 64mm cigarettes. A 43% yoy jump in agri (driven by wheat leaf tobacco and soya exports) and 30% yoy increase in Other-FMCG revenues (led by foods and personal care business) further fuelled revenue growth. The growth could have been even better but for slower growth in hotels (due to weak economic environment) and paper segment revenues.
OPM declined by 80bps (on a high base) to 36.4% due to sharp 450bps jump in outsourcing cost (included in raw material cost). A 420bps drop in overhead cost partly mitigated the impact. Cigarette EBIT margins witnessed 110bps expansion at 32.8%. Price hikes coupled with premiumisation of its portfolio have helped ITC improve cigarette EBIT margins. ITC has managed to reduce losses in the Other-FMCG segment to Rs240mn (Rs466mn in Q3 FY12) as profits from the foods segment are increasing sequentially. We expect this segment to breakeven by FY13/Q1 FY14.
|As a % of net sales||Q3 FY13||Q3 FY12||bps yoy||Q2 FY13||bps qoq|
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.