On Tuesday, the BSE benchmark index, the Sensex, opened a wee bit in red at 27,627 and thereafter traded on a choppy note for a majority of the trading session. The index dipped to a low of 27,571 in mid-noon deals, but soon rebounded into the positive zone and surged to a high of 27,815 - up 244 points from the day's low.
The Sensex finally ended with a gain of 136 points at 27,781.
The NSE Nifty moved in a range of 79-odd points. The index touched a low of 8,299, and a high of 8,378, before settling with a gain of 50 points at 8,369. The India VIX (Volatility) index declined by more than 2 percent to 16.9275.
Elsewhere in Asia, global market too heaved a sigh of relief. The beaten down Shanghai Composite index zoomed 5.5 percent to 4,277. The Hang Seng gained a percent at 26,250, and Nikkei added 0.6 percent to 20,236.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.