On Wednesday, the BSE benchmark index, the Sensex, opened with a negative gap of 141 points at 28,031, and drifted deeper into red soon after. The selling was seen across-the-board with few exceptions in form of the aviation and oil marketing companies, which seemed to be benefiting from a prolonged fall in Crude Oil prices.
The NSE Nifty sank to a low of 8,341, and settled with a heavy loss of 148 points at 8,363.
The India VIX (Volatility) index shot up by 9 percent to 17.79.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.