“He’ll be there, and he’ll be ready" White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said of Trump in a Fox News interview Wednesday, adding that North Korea’s threat to back out of talks isn’t out of the ordinary amid heated discussions between adversaries.
"We’re ready to meet, and if it happens that’s great, but if it doesn’t we’ll see what happens," she said, adding, "If it doesn’t, we’ll continue the maximum pressure campaign that has been ongoing."
The comments came after Kim Kye Gwan, a vice foreign minister and a top North Korea disarmament negotiator, said the regime was disappointed by recent comments from the US on their goals for the summit, according to a statement published on Wednesday by the state-run Korean Central News Agency.
Kim said North Korea felt “repugnance” toward National Security Adviser John Bolton and rejected a “Libya model”, in which the regime quickly gives away its nuclear weapons.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.