The Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) has set up a Control Room for monsoon, which is operational effective from June 1st, 2014. The Control Room will be monitored by 4 MMRDA nodal officers and managed by 41 officials in three shifts.
The MMRDA control room has been set up with a view to minimize inconvenience to the vehicular and pedestrian traffic at various project sites being implemented by the Authority. The control room officials will also ensure the smooth flow of rain water at various project sites.
“The contractors have been asked to very strictly adhere to the safety measures. They are also instructed to stringently follow norms as far as barricading, reinstatement of the damaged road works, clearing and disposal of the muck on the roads is concerned. The contractors will also maintain dewatering pumps of adequate capacity where there is no connectivity to storm water drains and also at the water logging spots”, said Mr.Dilip Kawathkar, Joint Project Director (PR), MMRDA.
“People would be able to seek help from the Control Room on various aspects such as uprooting of trees, water logging, accidents, traffic snarls, potholes etc. The control room officials would also welcome information on unusual occurrences or impending dangers. The control room will work in tandem with Railways, Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai, Traffic Police, BEST, Fire Brigade and other agencies”, said Kawathkar further.
Service from the Control Room established will be available on Helpline numbers 26591241, 26594176 and 8080705051.
The 4 nodal officers can be contacted are:
- MR Kharat – Metro and Mono Rail (9819951975, 24062174)
- JR Dhane - Anik-Panjarpol, Panjarpol-Ghatkopar Link Road & Eastern Freeway (8108190150, 26595933)
- MS Narkar - Santacruz-Chembur Link Road and Mithi River (9820233713, 26595941)
- SS Lokare - Andheri-Ghatkopar Link Road (9967858814, 9833172577)
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.