The setting up of the Clean Energy Fund is a good thing for the industry as this will help in more Research and Development. This will help set the ground for better technologies.
The Finance Minister has today announced a waiver of excise on solar panels. We would like to see duty and excise waivers on all equipment related to solar power generation
It is great that Rs 500 crore has been allocated for solar and hydro projects for Ladakh region. It would have been good if the budget was enhanced/targeted to all un-electrified region in the country
The Budget has announced allocation for new and renewable energy ministry budget increase by 61 per cent to Rs 1,000 crore. We would be looking forward to how the funds are divided between solar, wind and small hydro power sectors
The Finance Minister also announced that the Govt is targeting to achieve 20000 MW solar power by 2022. The target looks great and promising for the solar power sector.
The author is Inderpreet Wadhwa, CEO, Azure Power (India’s first IPP player in the solar power generation sector)
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.