The annual Morningstar India Fund Awards are designed to help investors identify the retail funds and fund houses that added the most value for investors within the context of their relevant peer group in 2015 and over longer time periods. Morningstar selects the winners using a quantitative methodology with a qualitative overlay that considers the one-, three-, and five-year performance history of all eligible funds, and adjusts returns for risk using Morningstar Risk, a measure that imposes a higher penalty for downside variation in a fund’s return than it does for upside volatility.
“All of our winners delivered strong three- and five-year returns after adjusting for risk, in addition to outperformance of their peers during the last 12 months,” Kaustubh Belapurkar, Morningstar’s Director of Manager Research for India, said. “These funds and fund houses have demonstrated that they have the ability to earn strong returns over the long-term without undue risk. We believe that taking a patient, long-term view to investing will ultimately help investors reach their financial goals.”
The winners of the 2016 Morningstar India Fund Awards are:
FUND CATEGORY AWARDS: WINNERS:
- Best Intermediate Bond Fund
- Best Large-Cap Equity Fund
- Best Short-Term Bond Fund
- Best Small/Mid-Cap Equity Fund
- Franklin India Income Builder Account
- SBI Blue Chip Fund
- Birla Sun Life Short Term Fund
- Birla Sun Life MNC Fund
- Best Fund House: Debt UTI Asset Management Company Ltd.
- Best Fund House: Equity ICICI Prudential Asset Management Company Ltd.
- Best Fund House: Multi-Asset Franklin Templeton Asset Management (India) Pvt. Ltd.