A Declaration of Independence from the evils in Sport was launched at the Press Club in Mumbai as the first initiative of the India Sport Forum 36, which will take place over a 36 hour period on May 18-19, 2013 in Mumbai bringing together over 10,000 young sport enthusiasts.
The Declaration was read out by school children and college youth to reflect the aspirations of young India. The schools and colleges included Ryan International School, The Dadar Parsee Youths Assembly High School and International Institute of Sports Management.
The six points of the declaration are:
1. Honesty and integrity in Sport.
2. Respect and equality of sexes.
3. Youth leadership in Federations and Sport governing bodies.
4. Proactive education and awareness about doping in sport.
5. Youth inclusion in policy making in Sport.
6. Transparency and openness across the board.
Shardul Rajwade, a 15 year old student from DPYA High School said on the occasion, “I have played football at the Gothia Cup in Sweden and was shocked to see players as young as 10 years had access to infrastructure we normally associate with professional football players! Why can’t India provide the same for us?”
“It is fitting that this Declaration has been made immediately after May Day. Just as the workers turn the wheels of industry and commerce, the athletes and the sport enthusiasts are the lifeblood of the sporting ethos of our nation” said Shail Kapri, Director of India Sport Forum 36. “How long can we expect the youth of our country to remain mute spectators? A youth revolution is sweeping the country in every sphere and it is just a matter of time before the frustration boils over the apathy shown in sport by the establishment. The time for effective change is now!” he added.
Those in favour of supporting this Declaration will be able to sign it from Friday, the 3rd of May at the www.isf36.com website, the isf36 facebook page and at various locations around the city.
India Sport Forum 36 is supported by The Organization of African Unity, the Indo-African chamber of Commerce and Industries, Cricket Australia, Celebrity Cricket League, Swimming Federation of India, Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani hospital and medical research center and Apnalaya amongst others.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.