Rajiv Gandhi, CEO & MD, Hester Biosciences Ltd

“Over the next 3 years, we are expecting revenue coming 50% from exports and 50% from domestic business.”

Apr 13, 2015 09:04 IST India Infoline News Service

Rajiv Gandhi, CEO & MD, Hester Biosciences Ltd has an experience of 30 years in the distribution and manufacturing of veterinary biological & health products. Born on 11th July 1962, Rajiv Gandhi is a graduate in Commerce. Having started a proprietary distribution business for veterinary medicines in Mumbai in 1985, Rajiv Gandhi transformed that business into Asia’s largest single location animal vaccine manufacturing enterprise.
 
Hester Biosciences Limited is one of India’s leading animal health care companies. Being the country’s second largest poultry vaccine manufacturer, Hester has rightly positioned itself to capitalise on upcoming opportunities in the animal health care industry globally. It has recently forayed into poultry health products, large animal vaccines and large animal health products. The company manufactures and markets veterinary vaccines and health products in the Indian as well as globally.
 
Replying to Yash Ved of IIFL, Rajiv Gandhi says “Over the next 3 years, we are expecting revenue coming 50% from exports and 50% from domestic business.”
 
Brief us about your Financials?
The company reported a strong growth in Q3 FY 2014-15 results.
 
Net Profit has been reported at Rs 3.37 crores for Q3 FY 14-15 as compared to Rs 2.55 crores for the previous corresponding period, thereby registering a growth of 32%.
 
Net Sales has been reported at Rs 21.88 crores in Q3 ended 31 December 2014 as compared to Rs15.86 crores for the previous corresponding period, thereby registering a growth of 38%.
 
Earnings Per Share are at Rs 3.96 for the quarter ended on 31 December 2014 as compared to Rs 2.99 for the quarter ended on 31 December 2013.
 
How was the quarter as a whole?
The growth is on account of buoyancy and strong performance across 3 of the 4 business verticals.
 
The demand for Hester’s poultry vaccines and health products as well as for its large animal health products have increased considerably.
 
What is your focus area going forward?
Our focus is on improving the bottom line and in introducing its own research products, besides launching the Large animal vaccine division in Q4 FY 14-15.
 
Exports are currently to eight countries with the registration process on in over 20 countries.
 
What is your revenue mix?
About 25% of our business comes from exports and remaining 75% from domestic business.
 
Over the next 3 years, we are expecting revenue coming 50% from exports and 50% from domestic business.
 
Comment on your Capex plans?
We are planning to invest Rs 20-25 crores for increasing capacity and upgradation.
 
What is the size of the poultry industry?
The size of the poultry industry is growing at a rate of 8-12%.

Related Story