US Senator John McCain called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi today.
Senator McCain conveyed the high level of expectations in the United States about a new momentum in India`s economic growth and all-round progress under the new Government and wished Prime Minister all success in this endeavour. He also conveyed the keen desire in the United States to work with Prime Minister Modi to revitalise the India-U.S. Strategic Partnership.
Prime Minister conveyed his desire to further deepen and expand the strategic partnership, based on our shared values and interests; sensitivity to each other`s concerns; and, tangible progress across the full spectrum of bilateral relations.
Prime Minister also observed that success of democratic countries and their cooperation will advance peace, stability and prosperity in the world. Shri Modi hoped for a forward looking, result-oriented visit to the United States in September 2014 to take the relationship to a new level.
The situation in Iraq and Afghanistan was discussed. The Prime Minister expressed concern over the increased threat of terrorism across the world, and reiterated that the fight against terror should be a global priority for humanitarian forces.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.