Thomas Cook India Ltd's Q3FY19 revenue came in at Rs1,555.57cr, an increase of 9.4% yoy (like-on-like). The operating profit for Q3FY19 stood at Rs42.01cr, an increase of 46.0% yoy (like-on-like). The EBITDA margin expanded by ~68bps yoy to 2.70% in Q3FY19. The net profit before tax came in at Rs21.64cr, up 42.4% yoy (like-on-like). The revenue came in line with estimates. However, the EBITDA and net profit before tax missed the estimates of Rs48cr and Rs35cr by 12% and 38%, respectively.
• The Financial Services segment remained flat at Rs62.6cr during Q3FY19. However, the segment's EBIT increased significantly by ~52% yoy to Rs145.5cr during the quarter. The Retail business witnessed revenue growth of 19% yoy. The Thomas Cook Borderless Prepaid Card (BPC) sales increased by 9% yoy.
• Travel and Related services revenue increased by 9.8% yoy to Rs1,422.4cr in Q3FY19. The segment's EBIT went up ~39% yoy to Rs48.2cr during the quarter. The DMS companies delivered strong performance and turned profitable, driven primarily by Middle East and South East Asia units.
• Sterling Holiday Resorts revenue grew by 6.5% from Rs70.4cr to Rs74.9cr on a comparable basis, excluding IND-AS impact on revenue accounting. Operating EBITDA for Q3FY19 grew from Rs0.38cr to Rs1.9cr, on a comparable basis, excluding the IND-AS impact on revenue accounting and sale of land in Q3FY18. Occupancy increased by 4% and Average Room Rent increased by 12% qoq.
• Thomas Cook had a strong forward booking position for the outbound businesses with a growth of 20% yoy.
• The finance cost for the quarter declined by 17.4% yoy to Rs17.78cr, leading to higher net earnings for the period.
Thomas Cook (India) Ltd is currently trading at Rs. 214, down by 6.1 points or 2.77% from its previous closing of Rs. 220.10 on the BSE.
The scrip opened at Rs. 216.30 and has touched a high and low of Rs. 217.05 and Rs. 212 respectively. So far 1,01,019 (NSE+BSE) shares were traded on the counter. The stock is currently trading above its 200 DMA.
Please use the temporary password sent on your email id or mobile no.
Update Mobile no.
Why you need to update your Mobile number ?
By providing verified mobile number we provide more exclusive information in the website.
Update Mobile no.
Terms & Conditions
By clicking on submit button, you authorize IIFL & its representatives & agents to provide information about various products, offers and services provided by IIFL through any mode including telephone calls, SMS, letters etc. . you confirm that laws in relation to unsolicited communication referred in National Do Not Call Registry as laid down by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India will not be applicable for such information/ communication.