The Minister of Railways DV Sadananda Gowda has said that in order to add best value to business travelers, the Indian Railways proposes to provide workstations in select trains on payment basis. Presenting the Railway Budget 2014-15 in Parliament today he said, a pilot project will be launched by this year.
He said, Indian Railways is also going for a computer assisted Enterprise Resource Planning Solution, so that synergy is brought in. To begin with, following initiatives will be taken up:
- Moving towards paperless offices in Indian Railways in 5 years;
- Next Generation Ticket Reservation System;
- Wi-fi Services in all A1 and A category stations and in select trains;
- Real-time tracking of trains and rolling stock;
- Mobile based Wakeup Call System for passengers;
- Mobile based Destination Arrival Alert;
- Station Navigation Information System;
- Extension of Dual Display Fare Repeaters at all the Ticket Counters through PPP;
- Digital reservation charts at Stations (Bengaluru model);
- Extension of Computerized Parcel Management System;
- Extension of logistics support to various e-commerce Companies by providing designated pick-up centres at identified Stations;
- Providing education to children of Railway staff at remote locations through Railtel OFC (optical fibre cable) network
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.