Title: Middleware & Enterprise Integration Technologies
Authors: Dr Sudha Sadasivam and Prof. Radha Shankarmani
Price: INR329.00 (This price is valid for India)
Publication Date: November 2009
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Middleware plays a critical role in building a flexible and robust IT infrastructure for an enterprise. It aims at providing a transparent integration of heterogeneous resources distributed across the enterprise. Research work is also being carried out in this area in a number of universities. Hence this book will prove to be highly useful for software industry, researchers and academicians. Currently there are separate books used as reference for DCOM, CORBA and J2EE. Hence this book will serve as a single text book for the subject.
This book covers all the aspects of middleware. It introduces its readers to basic concepts of middleware, state-of-art middleware technologies and middleware services. Sample programs to work on different object middleware technologies like RMI, CORBA, DCOM and EJB are also provided in this book. This book is beneficial for all IT professionals and students.
Highlights of the Book:
- Exclusive coverage of all the middleware concepts: RMI, CORBA, DCOM, EJB, SOA and Web services.
- Conformance to the entire syllabus of course “Middleware and Enterprise Integration Technologies” of B.E.(IT) discipline.
- Syllabus map to correlate the syllabus units with the book sections.
- Logical flow of concepts and apt chapter organization.
- Ready-to-run programming codes for RMI, CORBA, DCOM, EJB, SOA and Web services and examples.
- Self-explanatory figures and screen-shot images of programming outputs.
- Ample questions of varied difficulty levels after each chapter.
- Programming assignments after chapters with heavy program coding.
- Last chapter and Appendix devoted for project work.
- Frequently asked questions at the end of the book.
Excellent pedagogy having:
- 180+ figures.
- 90+ programming codes
- 20+ explanatory examples and programming assignments.
- 230+ objective questions.
- 400+ review questions.
The book finds its use in the following ways:
- It is useful as a reference for the readers who want to gain an insight of component technology.
- It is useful for readers who want to get an in depth knowledge on different distributed object technologies, namely RMI, CORBA, DCOM and EJB.
- It contains programming examples for each type of technology.
- It is useful for software engineers, system integrators and by academicians.
- It is helpful for research-oriented students to do mini-project in the area of middleware technology.
Table of contents:
- Syllabus Map
- Introduction to Distributed Object Technology
- Introduction to Middleware Technologies
- EJB Architecture
- EJB Applications
- Advanced CORBA
- COM and .NET
- SOA Fundamental
- Web Services Technologies
- Programming Examples in RMI, COM and CORBA
- Frequently Asked Questions
G. Sudha Sadasivam is working as a Professor in Department of Computer Science and Engineering in PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore. Her areas of interest include Distributed Systems, Distributed Object Technology and Grid and Cloud Computing. She has completed her Masters in Computer Science and Engineering and PhD from PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore. Also, she has a teaching experience of over 15 years and industry experience of 2 years. She has published 20 papers in referred journals and 32 papers in national and international conferences. Dr Sadasivam has coordinated two AICTE–RPS projects in Distributed and Grid Computing areas. She is also the coordinator for PSG-Yahoo Research on Grid and Cloud computing. She has authored books on Distributed Component Architecture, Component Based Technology, Object Oriented Analysis and Design and Compiler Design.
Radha Shankarmani is currently working as an Assistant Professor at the Department of Information Technology, Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, Mumbai. She is also presently pursuing her Doctorate from JNTU, Hyderabad. Her areas of interest include Software Engineering, Software Testing, Databases, Data Warehousing and Mining, Computer Simulation and Modeling, Management Information System and SOA. Prof Shankarmani holds a Masters degree in Computer Science and Engineering from NIT, Trichy and Bachelors degree from PSG College of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering. Having more than 14 years of teaching experience and 4 years of industry experience, she has held designations such as Programmer, Software Engineer and Manager. She did her sabbaticals for two months in Infosys, Pune in 2005 and has published a number of papers in National, International conferences and International journal.
Founded in 1807, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. has been a valued source of information and understanding for over 200 years, helping people around the world meet their needs and fulfill their aspirations. Since 1901, Wiley and its acquired companies have published the works of more than 400 Nobel laureates in all categories: Literature, Economics, Physiology/Medicine, Chemistry, Physics and Peace.
Our core businesses include scientific, technical, medical and scholarly journals, encyclopedias, books, and online products and services; professional/trade publishes books, subscription products, training materials, and online applications and websites; and educational materials for undergraduate and graduate students and lifelong learners. Wiley's global headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Canada and Australia. The Company's website can be accessed at https://www.wiley.com. The Company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbols JWa and JWb.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.