Cholamandalam Investment & Finance, Indian financial services company dealing in fixed deposits, reported standalone net profit of Rs. 145.70 crore for the quarter ended December 31, 2015, registering growth of 30.91% yoy and 20.94% qoq. The company’s Net Interest Income (NII) stood at Rs. 542.91 crore, clocking growth of 16.79% yoy and 7.22% qoq.
For nine months ended December 31, 2015, the company reported standalone net profit of Rs. 376.42 crore, up 25.67% yoy. It’s standalone NII stood at Rs. 1,539.28 crore, registering growth of 20.40% yoy.
On consolidated basis, net profit for the quarter stood at Rs. 148.03 crore, rising 31.24% yoy and 21.60% qoq. The company's total Income stood at Rs. 1,060 crore, clocking growth of 9.24% yoy and 3.64% qoq.
For nine months ended December 31, 2015, the company reported consolidated net profit of Rs. 380.86 crore, increasing 23.82% yoy. It's total income for the period stood at Rs. 3,073.22 crore, registering growth of 10.90% yoy.
Result Highlights : (Rs. In crore)
Standalone Net Profit
Standalone EPS for the quarter stood at Rs. 9.33.
Bloomberg estimated the bank's net profit at Rs. 132.72crore for the quarter.
Corporate Action :
The Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on January 29, 2016, inter alia, has approved the following:
1. Payment of an interim dividend on the equity shares of the Company at the rate of 25% being Rs. 2.50 per equity share of Rs. 10/- each for the year ending March 31, 2016.
2. Issue of Non-convertible Debentures:
- Issue of 60,000 secured Redeemable, Non-Convertible Debentures of a face value of Rs. 10 lakhs each at par aggregating to Rs. 6,000 crores in one or more tranches on private placement basis.
- Issue of 6,000 unsecured Redeemable, Non-Convertible Debentures in the nature of subordinated debt of a face value of Rs. 10 lakhs each at par aggregating to Rs. 600 crores in one or more series on private placement basis and
- Issue of 1,000 unsecured Redeemable, Non-Convertible Debentures in the nature of perpetual debt of a face value of Rs. 10 lacs each at par aggregating to Rs. 100 crores in one or more series on private placement basis.
Cholamandalam Investment & Finance Company Ltd ended at Rs. 635.25, up by Rs. 8.3 or 1.32% from its previous closing of Rs. 626.95 on the BSE.
The scrip opened at Rs. 625 and touched a high and low of Rs. 640 and Rs. 622.9 respectively. A total of 42224(NSE+BSE) shares were traded on the counter. The current market cap of the company is Rs. 9787.27 crore.
The BSE group 'A' stock of face value Rs. 10 touched a 52 week high of Rs. 739 on 07-Jul-2015 and a 52 week low of Rs. 516.3 on 28-Jan-2015. Last one week high and low of the scrip stood at Rs. 640 and Rs. 600.25 respectively.
The promoters holding in the company stood at 53.15 % while Institutions and Non-Institutions held 40.4 % and 6.45 % respectively.
The stock traded below its 50 DMA.