The Indian Hotels Company Ltd's consolidated revenue for Q1FY19 came in at Rs979.70cr, up 7.5% yoy. The operating profit for the quarter came in Rs110.66cr, up 22.2% yoy. The operating EBITDA margin expanded by ~136bps yoy to 11.3% in Q1FY19. The adjusted net profit attributable to owners for Q1FY19 stood at Rs15.26cr as against a net loss of Rs24.96cr in Q1FY18. The revenue, operating profit, and net profit were in-line with the estimates of Rs970cr, Rs104cr, and Rs15cr, respectively.
• Indian Hotels (IHCL) has signed a new Vivanta Hotel at London Heathrow Airport with 108 rooms. It has also won bid for The Connaught in Lutyens, New Delhi.
• IHCL witnessed an increase in RevPAR by ~6% yoy during the quarter, which is seasonally a slow quarter for the hospitality industry. This is driven by growth in the industry and market share gains by the company brands.
• The company has signed six new hotels with an inventory of ~800 rooms across all brands in key locations in India and overseas. IHCL has signed its first hotel in Makkah, Saudi Arabia. The hotel will be a Taj-branded hotel and is scheduled to open in January 2023 with ~340 rooms. The other signings included a Taj hotel in Lonavala, a Vivanta hotel in Katra, J&K, and two Ginger hotels in Jhansi and Visakhapatnam, respectively.
• The company has also announced a major expansion of Taj Bangalore located across the International Airport with an addition of 220 guest rooms; bringing it to a total of 374 rooms.
• The EBITDA margin expansion is on account of increase in RevPAR and cost optimization. The employee benefits expense and other expenses increased marginally by ~6% yoy.
• Finance cost of the company reduced significantly by 32% yoy to Rs46.94cr in Q1FY19. This led to lower drag in the net profit of the company as compared to the previous period.
• The other incomes stood at Rs15.01cr in Q1FY19 vs Rs8.80cr in Q1FY18, leading to higher net profit for the quarter.
• There was a reversal of deferred tax during the quarter of Rs22.45cr, resulting in higher net profit as compared with the previous period.
• The exceptional item for the quarter included:
o Incentive fees received by the group on an amendment to management service agreement of Taj Boston, USA, amounting to Rs46.26cr;
o Loss on change in fair value on cross currency swap derivative contracts for the quarter of Rs50.17cr;
o Write off by an international subsidiary amounting to Rs0.57cr.
Indian Hotels Co Ltd is currently trading at Rs123.90, down 3.9 points, or 3.05%, from its previous close of Rs127.80 on the BSE. The scrip opened at Rs128.05 and has touched a high and low of Rs129.30 and Rs123.10, respectively. A total of 14,32,181 (NSE+BSE) shares were traded on the counter. The stock is currently trading above its 100 DMA.
Please use the temporary password sent on your email id or mobile no.
Update Mobile no.
Why you need to update your Mobile number ?
By providing verified mobile number we provide more exclusive information in the website.
Update Mobile no.
Terms & Conditions
By clicking on submit button, you authorize IIFL & its representatives & agents to provide information about various products, offers and services provided by IIFL through any mode including telephone calls, SMS, letters etc. . you confirm that laws in relation to unsolicited communication referred in National Do Not Call Registry as laid down by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India will not be applicable for such information/ communication.