Spurt in demand led to sharp spike in prices, especially in the North during the end of the quarter. Nevertheless, the average cement prices still remain low on a yoy basis because the rally kicked in during the fag end of March.
Current uptick in demand seems to be ballooned by deflated pricing scenario as indicated by prices across regions and pickup in dispatch numbers of smaller players.
Demand was higher in the northern, central, and southern regions. However, demand remains in single digits in the western region as the Mumbai market continues to remain sluggish. We expect revenue growth for our coverage universe to grow in the range of 3-28% yoy.
JK Lakshmi (our top pick) is the most likely candidate to break even, backed by improvement in pricing scenario in the Northern region.
Realisations for companies catering to the Southern and Western regions are likely to come in under pressure. We expect players such as Orient Cement to witness a subdued quarter.
Operational efficiency for Shree Cement, Star Ferro and Cement, and Ultratech will likely hover around 20%+ levels.
Maintain BUY on JK Lakshmi Cement.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.