- Sales witnessed a considerable jump at 67% yoy to Rs998cr in Q2.
- EBITDA was up by 102% yoy to Rs133cr in Q2 as compared to the same quarter last year.
- PAT is noteworthy at Rs32cr in Q2 FY22, a significant reversal from Q2 FY21.
- Strong performance by the businesses with higher operating efficiencies and turnaround in the market sentiments.
Pulp & Paper business saw the best ever quarter in terms of production and sales volumes mainly supported by higher volumes from value added products and new products. The Textiles business saw a strong revival supported by robust domestic demand on account of upcoming festive season. The Real Estate business received a strong response to its Kalyan Phase 2 launch.
PULP & PAPER BUSINESS
- Highest throughput achieved with the business reaching at 101% capacity utilization in Q2 FY22.
- Sales saw a growth of 64% in Q2 FY22 as compared to same quarter last year
- Marked improvement in the demand for writing & printing paper segment in lieu of opening of offices, judiciary etc. Strong order flows continued for board & tissue segments .
- Robust collections at all projects on the back of strong customer connect and outreach.
- Launched 2nd Phase of Birla Vanya, Kalyan, received strong response from customers.
- The two commercial assets, Birla Aurora and Birla Centurion continue to generate stable rentals. The primary focus is to ensure a safe environment for all the stakeholders at the properties.
- Business bounced back with Plant operating at 91% capacity utilization compared to 68% YoY
- Sales grew by 109% in Q2 FY22 as compared to Q2 FY21
- Domestic demand has picked up after subdued demand due to pandemic. Expecting major order flows in view of upcoming festive season.