The BSE Sensex opened at 26,127, touched an intra-day low of 25,580, and finally ended with a loss of 587 points at 25,696. Weakness was seen in banking, auto, capital goods, metal and healthcare stocks.
The NSE Nifty opened negative at 7,908 and slipped below the 7800 level hitting a low of 7,747 before signing off with a loss of 185 points or 2.3% at 7,786 .
The India VIX (Volatility) index rose nearly 16% to 28.71.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.