CEO of JSW Sports-owned Bengaluru FC and JSWâ€™s would-be chief Parth Jindal is believed to have shown keen interest in acquiring the high profile team comprising celebrity names of the likes of Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers and Chris Gayle. The current owner of the team is the liquor major Diageo Plc which is at loggerheads with former owner and tainted liquor baron Vijay Mallaya over blatantly public disputes on alleged misappropriation of company funds.
If the deal sees the light of the day, this would mark the second instance of ownership change in IPL history. Earlier, the Sun TV Network won the Sun Risers Hyderabad (formerly Deccan Chargers) after the earlier owners Deccan Chronicle Holdings failed to raise a bank guarantee in stipulated time.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.