CRISIL believes recent asset sales by domestic companies will support their credit profiles, because this has led to a substantial lowering of debt. In the past 18 months, 21 companies have announced 36 deals to divest assets and sell equity to strategic partners to raise Rs.800 billion -- which is nearly a fifth of their debt. Expected policy reforms and a buoyant capital market should lead to more such transactions. Based on interactions, we expect companies to raise another Rs.600 billion at the very least in 2014-15.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.