Indian students have long been drawn to Macquarie Universityâ€™s highly regarded programs in Accounting, Business (including a highly-regarded MBA), Engineering and Information Technology, and the prestige of studying at Australia's number one modern university.
Here are some of the top 10 reasons students choose to study at Macquarie:Â
- Macquarie is ranked number 1 in Australia and 16 in the world in the QS World University Rankings 'Top 50 Under 50'.
- The Macquarie Graduate School of Management (MGSM) MBA program is ranked among the top 100 in the world, according to The Economist - Which MBA? 2012 survey.
- CEOs around the world rank Macquarie in the top 5 Australian universities for their graduate recruitment and in the top 100 in the world, according to the New York Times 2012.
- 93.6 per cent of Macquarieâ€™s graduates under the age of 25 are employed full-time within six months of completing their study, according to the Australian Graduate Survey 2011.
- Macquarieâ€™s location in Australia's leading high-technology precinct means that many of our students find excellent internship and graduate employment opportunities available at the numerous multinational companies located nearby. For example, the Huawei engineering scholarship offers electronic engineering students an opportunity to work with Huawei on a range of major infrastructure projects.
- A new post-study work visa also provides international students an extended opportunity to gain valuable industry experience in Australia.
- Eighty-five per cent of Macquarieâ€™s research activity is regarded by the Australian Government as being of world standard or higher. In ERA 2012 Macquarie achieved the maximum 5 rating â€“ outstanding performance well above world standard â€“ in three science disciplines: Earth sciences, environmental sciences, and physical sciences.
- Ektaal (Sanskrit for â€˜one beatâ€™ or â€˜one rhythmâ€™) is an initiative of Macquarie Universityâ€™s Faculty of Arts and brings a holistic and focused approach to building cultural, research and business relationships with India. Key initiatives of the project include an Indian Government-funded Tagore Chair in Arts and Culture and an expanded cultural programme of Indian-themed lectures, concerts and exhibitions.
- Macquarie University has one of the most generous scholarship programs in Australia, and participates in Australian Government Scholarship Programs AUSAIDâ€™s Australia Awards and Endeavour Awards.
- Macquarie is home to world-leading facilities including the Macquarie University Hospital, Australian School of Advanced Medicine, Cochlear Ltd, Australian Hearing Hub and the KIT-Macquarie Brain Research Laboratory.
Together Macquarie University and its students have formed multiple societies that cater for the great cultural diversity which makes Sydney one of the greatest cities in the world. Â Whether you're trying to find a little bit of home, make new friends or have new experiences, the Indian Student Committee (fondly referred to as INSC @ MQ) aims to spread India's vibrant and rich culture around campus.
Professor Mark Gabbott, Executive Director, Macquarie International
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.