CMP Rs106, Target Rs154, Upside 45.3%
Source: Company, India Infoline Research
- Godawari Power & Ispat (GPIL) reported a 30.4% qoq jump in its topline to Rs5.5bn on the back of higher production of pellets & billets coupled with strong realizations across all segments. Production of iron ore which had dipped sharply in Q3 FY12 due to extended rains and logistics issues has recovered during the quarter. The company managed to produce 183,110 tons of iron ore, ~6x on a qoq basis. Pellet production increased to 167,500 tons from 150,150 tons in Q3 FY12, largely on account of improved supplies from captive iron ore mines. It continued to operate at +100% utilization rates. Sponge iron production too jumped by 24.2% qoq, led by increased supply from the captive iron ore mines. Steel product realizations were higher on a qoq basis, whereas that of ferro alloys were flat on a qoq basis.
- External sales of pellets declined on a qoq basis despite increase in production due to higher internal consumption. Sales of all the steel products were quite strong on a qoq basis due to strong demand for long products in the domestic market. Pellet production under Ardent Steel increased 35.2% qoq due to higher supply of iron ore in the state.
|(tons)||Q4 FY12||Q3 FY12||% qoq||Q4 FY11||% yoy|
|Power (mn units)||103||98||5.5||92||12.2|
|Sales volume (tons)|
|Power (mn units)||14||15||(8.2)||22||(39.7)|
- Operating profit for the company doubled on a qoq basis led by strong realization and production numbers. In addition to this, the increase in supply of iron ore from the captive mine led to lower costs for the company. Supply of coal supply from Coal India too improved during the quarter. Raw material costs as a % of sales declined from 73.4% in Q3 FY12 to 65.6%. However, other expenditure increased on a qoq basis. We have taken the forex loss taken by the company in other expenditure as an extraordinary.
As a % of net sales Q4 FY12 Q3 FY12 % qoq Q4 FY11 % yoy Material costs 65.6 73.4 (774) 58.1 749 Personnel Costs 2.0 2.3 (33) 2.4 (38) Other overheads 15.1BSE 528.60 [14.20] ([2.62]%)NSE 529.35 [11.05] ([2.04]%)
***Note: This is a NSE Chart
Tags Godawari Power & Ispat (Q4 FY12)
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.