Inflation based on Wholesale Price Index (WPI) for April was at -2.65% percent as against -2.33 percent in March.
The official WPI for ‘All Commodities’ (Base: 2004-05=100) for the month of April, 2015 declined by 0.1 percent to 176.0 (provisional) from 176.1 (provisional) for the previous month.
The annual rate of inflation, based on monthly WPI, stood at -2.65% (provisional) for the month of April, 2015 (over April, 2014) as compared to -2.33% (provisional) for the previous month and 5.55% during the corresponding month of the previous year.
Build up inflation rate in the financial year so far was -0.06% compared to a build up rate of 0.28% in the corresponding period of the previous year.
- April Food articles at 5.73% vs 6.31% in March.
- April Manufactured Products at -0.52 vs -0.19 in March.
- April WPI primary articles inflation at -0.25% vs 0.08% in March.
- April WPI fuel & power inflation at -13.03% vs -12.56% in March.
- April in Food Articles at -6.18 vs -7.12 in March.