On Friday, the BSE benchmark index, the Sensex, opened with a positive gap of 46-odd points at 27,553, but soon dipped into red to touch a low of 27,467 - down 86 points from the day's open in the first couple of minutes of trade. The Sensex soon rebounded into the positive zone and did not bother to look back thereafter. Strong buying interest in auto, banking, infra and pharma stocks helped the BSE benchmark scale to a high of 27,886 - up 419 points from the day's low towards the end of the trading session. The last leg of the rally was mainly led by auto and banking shares and finally ended with a gain of 322 points at 27,828.
The NSE Nifty rallied past the 8,400-mark and touched a high of 8,444. The Nifty eventually settled with a gain of 115 points at 8,434. The NSE index was down 25 points for the week, and up 252 points this May.
The India VIX (Volatility) index declined by 2.8 percent to 16.6577.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.