Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia reportedly said that Rapid implementation of GST and reduction in fiscal deficit should be the thrust areas for the new government that will help the country achieve 7-7.5% growth.
"The first year of the new government will be its honeymoon period. And after a year, they will have to take the policy decisions, quoted Montek Singh.
Ahluwalia said the growth of the economy will also depend on the growth of the industry as a whole.
Though investments have reduced from 35% to 32%,even in that scenario the country will be able to achieve its targets.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.