“Power Grid shall continue to be a deemed Transmission Licensee under the Act and discharge functions incidental and connected therewith and would also undertake functions as directed by the Central Government or Authority in that regard. This Gazette Notification shall be effective from April 1, 2021,” company said in a regulatory filing on Wednesday.
In a separate filing on Wednesday, company informed that the assets under ‘HVDC Bipole link between Western Region (Raigarh, Chhattisgarh) and Sothern Region (Pugalur, Tamil Nadu) - North Trichur, (Kerala)’ have been put under Commercial Operation with effect from March 9, 2021. The assets include
Scheme # 1: Raigarh-Pugalur 6000MW HVDC System
- ± 800KV 1500 MW (Pole-II) HVDC terminal each at Raigarh (HVDC Station) & Pugalur (HVDC Station).
- ±320kV VSC based 2000 MW Pugalur(HVDC) - North Trichur HVDC(Kerala) HVDC link (Part of this link, in Kerala portion, is implemented as underground cable) along with ±320kV 1000 MW (Mono Pole-II) HVDC terminal each at Pugalur (HVDC Station) & North Trichur (HVDC Station).
- LILO of North Trichur-Cochin 400KV (Quad) D/c line at North Trichur HVDC station along with associated bays & equipment's (GIS) at North Trichur HVDC station.
- 2 X 315 MVA 400/220/33kV 3 Ph Auto Transformers along with its associated bays & equipment's (GIS) at North Trichur HVDC station; and
- 2No.s additional 220KV line bays(GIS) at North Trichur HVDC for implementation of 220KV feeder of Kerala.