On Friday, the market extended its winning run into the sixth straight trading session on the back of strong gains in select auto, financials, IT and energy stocks. The BSE index touched a high of 27,405, and finally ended with a gain of 200 points at 27,316. The Sensex thus gained 891 points this week.
The NSE Nifty scaled a high of 8,251, and eventually settled with a gain of 50 points at 8,225.
The India VIX (Volatility) index declined nearly 6 percent to 15.085.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.