There is no need for exaggerated panic over global developments and investors should keep in mind inherent strength of Indian economy, Jaitley reported.
Jaitley added that Government s considering more steps to empower banks to recover bad loans.
Idea Cellular, Tata Motors, Bharti Airtel, Cairn India, M&M, Axis Bank and NTPC were among the gainers on NSE, whereas BHEL, BPCL, PNB, Adani Ports, ONGC, Hindalco, L&T, ICICI Bank and Tata Steel were among the losers today.
Finally, the BSE Sensex opened at 23,060, touched an intra-day high of 23,161 and low of 22,600. It finally ended with a gain of 34 points at 22,986.
The NSE Nifty opened at 7,023 hitting a high of 7,035 and low of 6,981, before ending with a gain of mere four points at 6,981.
The India VIX (Volatility) index was up 7.25% to 21.7275.
Out of 1,788 stocks traded on the NSE, 1,113 declined and 430 advanced on Friday.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.