TravShield, a comprehensive safe travel commitment is designed with meticulous health and safety protocols to safe guard customers across Holidays, MICE and Business Travel and encompasses and enhances the companies’ existing Assured Insured Secured Travel Program.
To better understand consumer behaviours and travel needs, Thomas Cook India and SOTC surveyed over 4000 customers in June 2021. The data analysis has revealed strong pent up demand/travel desire along with key pain points/needs while travelling in the COVID era:
- A significant 69% respondents indicated keen interest to travel in 2021 post ease in restrictions - with 18% ready to travel immediately post unlock and 51% within 3-6 months
- Approximately 81% respondents reiterated their need for refundable/zero cancellation products
- 52% selected complete re-sanitation of rooms as a key requirement
- Fully vaccinated hotel staff and drivers was a need highlighted by 48% and 34% respondents, respectively
- Contactless interactions during the sales and servicing stage, pre travel
- Sanitised branches with safety protocols
- Vaccinated Travel Advisors
- Contactless payment options
- Free Rescheduling & Cancellation
As travel reopens again, to give our customers across Holidays, Business Travel and MICE the confidence to travel safely, I am proud to present TravShield – a definitive Travel Safety Commitment from Thomas Cook & SOTC.
TravShield encompasses and enhances our existing Assured Safe Travel Program, ensuring meticulous health and safety protocols at every stage of the customer journey. To benefit our customers and allay their fears, TravShield offers significant flexibility in rebooking/cancellations, guidance on travel protocols via our Safe Holiday Helpline; also our emergency Doctor On Call service while on tour.
To ease the financial burden of our customers, we have also launched our unique and meaningful Holiday First and Pay When You Return scheme. Our endeavor is to cover every aspect of physical and financial security to ensure our customers get complete peace of mind while holidaying with Thomas Cook India and SOTC.”
Thomas Cook (India) ended at Rs62.60 apiece down by Rs3.25 or 4.94% from its previous closing of Rs65.85 apiece on the BSE.